Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resolutions and one cute toddler

Resolutions, smezolutions! That's what I said last year. I couldn't think of anything I needed to resolute. I had just given birth and was about to return to the workforce after a four month hiatus. I was resolute to just keep my sanity.

This year is a different story. In fact, I already posted a blog about resolutions, then removed it the next day because I needed to rethink some of them. I'm a weirdo. I don't know how Rob and Rylan put up with me and my silliness. Probably because the way to a man's (and toddler boy's) heart is actually through the stomach and I do cook a mean sloppy joe.

So, here goes

My list
1. Save money for home repairs
2. Maintain a semi-clean house 90% of the time (Hello, Fly Lady, please be my best friend!)
3. Lose 20 lbs (more would be FABULOUS!!!)
4. Read books instead of watching so much TV, goal of 20 (a book for every pound I lose????)
5. Start a garden

A difficult, but totally doable list.

Rylan's list
1. Be cute
2. Talk up a storm
3. Walk
4. Be adorable
5. Pull all the shredded paper out of the paper shredder box, get it stuck to his body and walk around the house with bits of it dropping everywhere.

Rob's list
1. Put up with his wife and her money-saving schemes, excessive happiness at 5:30am, and long resolution lists.

Congrats are in order to Rylan, who has fulfilled his list as of January 12th. Good job to my little sack of walking boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment