Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Adventures in crazy blog stalker-land

This blog that I stalk, I mean read, called www.moneysavingmom.com is my Stay at Home Mom epiphany. From how to shop smarter, coupon wiser, or earn money at home, she's a mecca of information. At the end of December, she started a challenge called Eating from the Pantry for the month of January. Because I'm a stalker, I mean reader, and I have successfully cut my grocery budget 1/3 and learned the ins and outs of couponing from reading her site, I decided to join the challenge. If I'm successful, I will save us $200 in groceries. Oh, I hope we can do it!!!!

To do this you go to the store minimally and use what you already have in an effort to clean out the cabinets for the new year, save some grocery money for the new year, and remind yourself to only buy what you'll use in the future. So for the month of January I will only go to the store for milk, produce, and diapers. I will clean the overstocked cabinets out. Rob and I will finally try the many sauce packets I buy and never make. The marinades I never use will be used. The "bargains" I found at a seriously cheap store in Mtn. Home will finally get eaten. And all the meals I made during a December Freezer Day will get consumed.

And if I only make it two weeks, and we are out of everything, oh well. I went two weeks. And food got eaten that would have expired or gone bad. The first 4 days was EASY! We weren't even here. We raided my mom and dad's freezer, fridge and pantry.


"yum, spaghetti and meatballs"

No comments:

Post a Comment