Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm in the 3rd week of Eating from the Pantry. We are systematically cleaning out our canned foods and two freezers. This little challenge to myself has taught me alot about buying food that I really don't intend to eat. Why would you do this, Sara? you may ask. My answer, it sounded like a good idea at the time. So, during my challenge we are discovering new things that we really enjoy (meatballs with gravy over rice) and things that we can do without forever and ever. Two things that we can do without are:

1Salmon Classic Grilled Fillets
Gorton's Grilled Salmon. BLAH. I acted like a B-A-B-Y throughout the 4oz portion. No wonder I had left it in the freezer forever.

2
Jennie-O Pre-pattied Turkey burger patties. UGH!!!!!!! This tasted suspiciously close to a veggie burger. And, I'm more understanding of a veggie burger, its all veggies, afterall. I've had turkey meat in burger form and it didn't taste like this. Apparently, if the company does the patty-ing (yeah, that's a word) for you, its gross. I don't care how cheap the meat is marked down, I ain't buying no pre-pattied turkey burgers.

Tonight we are having pre-cooked chicken that I froze with a Macaroni Grill Dinner Kit that I bought and shoved to the back of the cabinet about a decade ago. Hopefully Rylan's the only
B-A-B-Y at the table tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment