Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why can't mamas do anything right?

Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird.
If that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring.
If that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's going to buy you a looking glass.
If that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's going to buy you a billy goat.
If that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's going to buy you a cart and bull.
If that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's going to buy you a dog named Rover.
If that dog named Rover won't bark,
Mama's going to buy you a horse and cart.
If that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little boy in town.

Whatever the words, that song is like Tylenol PM for Rylan. I was singing it the other night and realized that the mama that wrote it could have saved herself so much trouble by just going to WalMart and grabbing a couple of rattles and maybe a toy that plays music. No need for a cart and bull and billy goat. Really, I'm thinking too much into this, cause I'm imagining what Rylan would do with a Looking Glass and the outcome is not good. And why would a mama rock her baby till the cradle falls, baby and all??? That is one I refuse to sing, cause we shouldn't be singing songs about mama's that need to be seen by DHS.

To make him laugh, I bypass all nursery rhymes and go for the old classic, Womanizer by Britney Spears. I sang it repeatedly when he was a newborn because it was new and catchy. Apparently its as close to his heart as Rob and I, cause he loves him some Britney, even in my janky voice.
Here's a video of a not-so-awesome thing that this mama did. I introduced Rylan to watermelon. You decide if he's a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment