Monday, August 3, 2009

Webfest

Rob, Rylee-Roo, and I went our our first true road trip. One that was more than 2-3 hours, one that landed us at a real hotel, and one that made us learn how very little your car becomes when you have a baby. My mama's side of the family (the Webers) planned an awesome family reunion at Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
Not wanting to be this to be the typical reunion where you don name tags and eat at a hotel buffet and have a good time doing the chicken dance (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that, just not what they had in mind) my Aunt Jan sought a different name for our "gathering of family". Rob to the rescue. The same guy that created "Scrapalooza" for my all day scrapbooking get-togethers or Clangie for my sister Angie and her husband Clay came up with the very catchy Webfest.
And festive it was. Members of my family embarked on Lake of the Ozarks from 3 states (Kansas, Arkansas, Colorado). We met at an awesome resort with amazing cabins and beautiful views of said Lake. We spent the weekend boating, shopping, swimming, climbing the massive hillside that our resort was built on and eating, eating, and eating. There was a bingo game with cool prizes, a card tounament (I never heard who the winner was), a fishing pond that produced awesome kid-friendly gifts (Rylan even won and he slept through the whole thing), and tug-of-war.
During this weekend, I looked around at my mom's family. At how far they had all come and how they had produced so many kids that loved each other and those kids had produced even more kids that were getting to know their far off cousins. I'm proud to be a member of that family and I'm very thankful that we were all able to be together. Already excited about Webfest 2012!


The kids lovin' some bubble blowin'
Rylan and his Auntie Tam
Beach (or boat) Babe
An accidently color coordinated cutie.
My mama-mia enjoying some vino on our awesome deck
My mostest favoritest Weber, Nathan. We were born 12 days apart.

This pic is blurry, but I felt I needed to include it. This was one team of the Weber Trivia contest. The kids(that is, our parents) had to answer questions about their family dating back to the 1800s. They were just plain mean to each other about the validity of some answers. All in good fun. Love the little visors my cousin made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment