Wednesday, September 15, 2010

From bunny ears to a million choices

Let's take a break from talk of babies and toddlers. For one moment.

Something's happened to me. You see, one of the ways we have been able to have me at home and not work, is that we don't have cable or satellite. For over a year, we've had a pitiful set of bunny ears sitting next to our TV. We get PBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox and about 5 Christian stations. And I've been okay with it. I am aware of my ability to get absolutely HOOKED on shows. I am also aware of a self diagnosed disease that I have, called CHBLATCS or "Can't Help But Look at the Crazy Syndrome." I see crazy and I can't stop watching. In life, in books, on TV.

Well, for the second time, Rob and I are due to have a baby smack dab in the middle of Razorback season. Rob is a pretty big fan. And growing bigger by the year (I seriously wasn't aware of his growing love for the Hogs when we got married, and I feel that we need to go back to the pre-marriage counseling classes to talk about it. However, Rob wasn't aware of my extreme nomadic sleep habits, so I guess we're even). Anyway, Rob has been to the first two Razorback games of the season, but he has been grounded to the house for the remainder of the pregnancy and probably for a few games after the baby is born. So, we have ourselves not one, but two rooms with satellite AND a little piece of heaven called the DVR.

Add in the fact that I have needed extra rest time due to a persnickety uterus and ouchy pubic bone issues. Cue Sara's CHBLATCS. I admit, I have watched a reality show about Kirstie Alley's weight loss, a show dedicated to women who didn't know they were pregnant (bull shiz), a show about a pawn shop, another about truckers who drive on ice, and a show called Bad Girls Club, which has 5 of the WORST women in the world all living under one roof, drinking and fighting a lot. There was also a ten minute period last night where I actually sat through the Kardashian sister's show. At one point I realized that I would rather give birth 10 more times than watch one more minute of that show. Must kill the beast.

I am very happy to have some old favorites back that make for good, quality (in my opinion, maybe not yours) back. Man vs. Food, Ace of Cakes, Project Runway, and a new show that's strangely hilarious, since its about cancer, called The C Word.

Luckily, in 3 short weeks, I'll have a bouncing baby boy and a bouncing big boy that will keep me plenty busy.

And I'm sure baby Max will sleep all night long by four weeks old, so I won't even have time to watch my DVR'd shows in the middle of the night. Uh huh.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, those women who didn't know they were pregnant? I call bullsh...enanigans!
    LOVE me some Project Runway or any show that gives me happy delusions of whipping up a fancy dress using nothing more than plastic spoons, peacock feathers, and a guitar string.

    ReplyDelete