Sunday, April 25, 2010

No camera, no cute posts

My last posts have been few and far between. I have a reason. My camera broke. I was with the playgroup, at the zoo and I snapped this fun photo.

When I went to take another photo the camera was kaput. Many tries later, calls to camera stores, trips to find new batteries and sadness at spending money on a new camera when ours is barely two years old, Rob magically fixed the camera! We are back in the business of blogging.

Here's a pic of how excited I was when he came to tell me the camera was working again.
I am wearing clothes, it kind of looks like I'm not.

If you've noticed from the last few blogs, there were no pics. You can only blog so many times without cute pics of your kiddo before its not a fun blog anymore. I have rules.

I don't know if you remember my New Year's goals of 2010. Many of my goals are in the works (I have already read 10 books and my goal for the year was 20). Some have had to be shelved (losing 20 pounds had to go, hello BABY BUMP). One of my goals was to have a garden. My first intention for the garden was a few pots, maybe a bed about 5 feet by 5 feet. A teeny tiny little bed for a few cucumbers and maybe some red potatoes.

Then I realized green peppers are $1.39 a piece at Kroger. Then Rob mentioned wanting to try homemade salsa. Then I went shopping for plants and I realized I could plant cantaloupe and pumpkins. Its turned into a slightly bigger garden. I don't know EXACT dimensions, but if he were to lay down, I think it would be 3 Robs x 2 Robs.
We now have cucumbers, green and red peppers, green beans, cantaloupe, pumpkins, squash, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, jalapeƱos, lettuce, red potatoes, rosemary, basil, and parsley. I also have marigolds and a citronella plant to keep bugs away and I have strawberries in a pot on my porch. I've planted more flowers this year than ever before and I hoed an area between my house and the neighbor's and we planted beautiful flowers there and enhanced our curb appeal at the same time. Now my pregnant booty is tired!

AND I have a super "good" garden helper. And by help I mean he will come up and hand you something you planted in the ground yesterday that he was nice enough to dig up. Or he will open his mouth and give you back all the petals off your flowers that he just put in his chomper. I wouldn't have it any other way though. Being near this much dirt brings this kid pure joy. He walks around picking up sticks (actually helpful) and talking to the yard, chasing the dogs, re-hiding his Easter eggs, and chatting with me. We are out in the sun and fresh air, burning calories-digging, hoeing, and planting. And we have had some of our best conversations to date.
Me: "Be gentle with the flowers."
Rylan: "do da dee, MOMEEEEEEEE, gugh, dat, puppy, nah, nah, nah, MOMEEEEE, MOMEEEE!"

I think his part means "don't tell me what to do, Mommy, bleep, bleep, bleep."


We are on two-a-day baths right now

No comments:

Post a Comment