Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weight not lost

My scale is still without batteries. I'm cool like that. But, I do work on Fridays and hospitals are known to have scales from time to time. So I found one yesterday, I took off my shoes and hopped on.

And the weight was exactly the same that it was February 1. I have worked out no less than 4x a week and eaten within my calories no less than 5 days a week. Oi vay, my body hates to let go of lard.

I could be sad. I could have sadness, despair, and woe is me-ness, But, I remembered that, before I left my house that morn, I had already drank 4 cups of water and two cups of coffee plus eaten egg beaters and a slice of cheese. Hopefully that had a tiny bit to do with the fact that I hadn't lost an ounce. Hopefully. Rob has re-batteried my scale, so I'll weigh Monday.

The former fatty in me badly wanted to hit up the Nacho Bar in the cafeteria at work. But, I had spaghetti squash with vegetarian sauce on top. With a side of clementines.

Then I got off work and went to the Big Damn Bridge and nearly froze my ass off in an attempt to run/walk a few ounces off for the next pathetic weigh in. When I say it was windy and cold, I mean, it was windy. And cold. And I was ill prepared for the elements. Perhaps because I've spent thirty BLEEP-ing years NOT walk/running? I had a tiny sweatshirt, a tshirt and workout capris. I actually ran when the lady on my phone running app told me to walk, simply to get back to my car faster.


The Big Damn Chattering Teeth Bridge

Usually when I get off work early, I go home and clean or watch a show that isn't animated while I fold laundry or sometimes I shop. I looked forward all day to running on the bridge. Its nice to do something that doesn't involve groceries or cleaning or laundry when I have free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment