Thursday, September 6, 2012

My uterus is now a happy-ish place

The surgery went well yesterday. I was a little nervous about everything, my mind can play awful tricks on me. I was also not very impressed with the anesthesiologist that had done my pre-op and I thought he was going to be the one putting me to sleep. But, a nice, young doc with a smile and personality came in, and was very good.

Rob stayed home yesterday and nursed me through my first day. When we got home, I needed help getting in/out of bed, changing clothes, and had a lot of pain. By the end of the day, I was walking around the house, sitting in a chair in the living room and eating a big dinner. This morn I'm taking it easy, but feeling pretty dang good. Me, percocet, and an entire season of Snapped and 30 Rock are hanging out today.

The boys are doing good at my parents house. My dad earned tons of papa points by letting them play with his fishing plastic worms. Oh the joy. I'm sure there will be many an awesome pic to share shortly.

Couple more days of down time, then operation Slim Sara Down shall commence. I was looking at my BEFORE pic, and I really don't think it does my current "situation" justice. Even though I've lost 3-4 lbs, I'm thinking I need a before pic that really shows the lumps and bumps so that the AFTER will be so much more awesome. I'm starting to have very little shame. After all, I spent yesterday morn in the lithotomy position.**

**After viewing the link about the lithotomy position, I'm feeling lucky that that's the position I was in. Sometimes you have to look at the other side to realize the grass ain't greener! Did you see the Jacknife position? OY!

No comments:

Post a Comment