Thursday, June 30, 2011

Don't use my lotto numbers, or sit by me on a plane, or walk anywhere in the vicinity of me

I have shit for luck. Excuse my french.

Yesterday, while playing with my munchkin, INDOORS, I was bit by a fire ant. Apparently my body has developed an amazing capacity to try to fight off evil predators, as exemplified by the fact that it tried contract both my babies out 10-20 weeks early, it is still causing pain 8 months after Death Fever, and now this.......I had an allergic reaction to the ant bite. My face got hot, I started sweating, my lips started swelling, and then I could hear my heart beating in my ears. Then I wanted to put my head down, anywhere. I was crawling around on the floor, trying to stay near the kids. That has been my biggest fear from the minute I had kids. Luckily, I swallowed some benadryl and it worked super fast. And, Rylan turned into super big brother and listened to his mama as I asked him to go get my phone and him and Max a snack. By the time that Rob got home to save me, I was better. Now I just have this super huge swollen area on my wrist where the scene of the crime happened. I'll be investing in the benadryl things that melt on your tongue AND asking the doctor about an epi pen. And getting some ant traps. Apparently my body doesn't want alien beings anywhere near it.

I'm just so lucky. Lucky for a person who is seriously unlucky. But, I got better. I got bit instead of Max, who was, literally inches from me. I wasn't my usual "I don't want to bother anybody" self and called Rob for help as soon as I started feeling funny. So, yeah, pretty lucky. I love my Rob, and my kids, and benadryl.

2 comments:

  1. "DON'T TALK ABOUT ME LIKE I'M NOT HERE!!!!" Ahh, Steel Magnolias, such a great movie. But seriously, can you catch a break?! I mean a fire ant!? SHEESH!!!!! I just think you deserve like the medal of life for going through as much as you have, and still continue to go through. But, you are right, it could have been worse, and I'm glad for Benadryl and Rylan being a good helper and Rob. Did that sound weird? :) I'm allergic to wasps really bad and I have an epi pen, most docs will give you one, always a good idea to have in your purse and at the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, girl. Shit, shit, shit! And go ahead and throw an f-bomb out there if it makes you feel any better. That's just not even a little bit fair...okay, except for the part about Max being spared. Still, SHIT. :(

    ReplyDelete