Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Lent to everyone. We went to Ash Wednesday Mass last night. I'm super sad that I don't have a pic of an ashen Rylan. Last year he didn't come with me because it was too soon after his RSV troubles to be out and about that much. This year, he was acting all 1-year old on us. I had to change his shirt at church which semi rubbed off the ashes, then he rubbed his face on my cheek, which transferred some ashes, then the minute we got home, the fits started and it was pajamas and a night-night. By the time I got my camera ready, Rylan looked like someone had punched him in the head, all black and blue-ish.


I always give up chocolate and coffee for Lent. Last year I got real sick of my Lenton sacrifice. So, this year, I am going to read my bible everyday. I tried this a few years ago and let it slip, this time, I'm in it to win it. And I hope that I'll continue it after Lent is over. I'm also going to try to cut down on being such a cuss-bug. I'd love to say I don't cuss, and I do try to keep it at a minimum, but yesterday I left my curling iron on and didn't realize it till I was down the road and there flies a "$&&*" out of my mouth. Not good. Not with little super sonic ears in his carseat. So, everytime I cuss, I'll put money in a jar and that money will go to church. I really hope I don't have to give the church thousands. Not because they don't deserve the money, but how embarrasing to know it was because I am basically a sailor?


I've asked Rylan to give up his pre-terrible Two fits that he has been having for Lent. And forever. So far today, he hasn't agreed to the Lenton sacrifice. But, in between fits, we get a whole lot of this cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment