Sunday, March 16, 2014

Max and Mommy Day: Bless it.

I've blogged about this before. I work on Thursdays and Fridays now and the kids go to school those days. Rylan goes a 3rd day to prepare him for kindergarten (just threw up a little) and Max stays home with me on Tuesdays. We call it Max and Mommy day. He never got alone time with me like Ry did for 2 years. Now is his time and I love it. Except, its easiest to do appointments and such when I only have one child, and poor Max has been due for some appointments lately. So here is what Max and Mommy Day has looked like lately.

3 weeks ago-ENT told him he needed new ear tubes.
2 weeks ago-He had to have a cavity filled
1 week ago-Max had to go to the doctor for a sinus infection

I was starting to think he was going to say "Mom, thanks and all, but can I just go to school????" So this Tuesday, we had to enjoy our day. He's still not 100% after his sinus infection/allergy issues caused by sub-zero temps followed by 70 degree days. So, we stayed home and played. We got dirty in the sandbox and I attempted to teach him how to make drip castles. You can't make drip castles with a 3 year old in a sandbox, it turns out. We played on the swings, we kicked a ball, we built puzzles.


We snuggled and watched movies

We ate lunch in the beautiful weather on our porch

And the whole family went to t-ball practice.  

Simple day, but when you compare it to the Max and Mommy Days of yesterweek, it was awesome!


Have I mentioned that this kid won't sleep in a bed to save his life?

No comments:

Post a Comment