Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Love Story

Thank you, Ashley, for the blog post idea that I totally stole. Lets get all personal and sappy up in here! This blog needs a little more Rob in it, yes?

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We have been together for 7.5 years

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Rob and I went to high school together, but didn't know each other well. Our parents actually worked on a committee together. He graduated in 1996 (I was a sophomore, cause I am and always will be so much younger than him:) ) and I didn't see him again until 2004. I had a bad day at work and was depressed and my friends talked me into going out to a bar. A guy singing at the bar was a guy from our high school, so we went to say hi, and he introduced us to his friends, including Rob. Three weeks in a row after that, Rob and I crossed paths at various places around Little Rock (we both swear the other was a stalker) and on the third meetup, he asked me for my number. After 2 weeks of dates, we were inseperable, a month in he met my big German family (a sure sign he was in love), 8 months in we were engaged and a year, almost to the day after our first date, we got married.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry?
It will be 7 years this May

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
Medium sized wedding, big in my book, but then I read about others and whoa!!! We had 150 guests. We got married at St. Patricks church and had a reception at Jaunita's party room downtown. 

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
In high school, Rob was Robbie, and I still call him that. I also call him Rob Rob sometimes. I don't know why. I just do.  

He very occasionally calls me Sarie. He used to call me baby, but then we had babies and it got weird.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He has an awesome work ethic, and has done excellent moving himself up. He fights temptation to take days off, even when he probably should (sick days) when I hear about other people using all their days and then some.

He will do anything for our family. And I love that we have a relationship that he knows if I ask for something, he knows I need it.  

I love it when he laughs hard. Its hard to make Rob really really get tickled, but oh my gosh, its just the best laugh and you feel like the funniest person on the earth. 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It was Christmas eve, there was an ice storm and we were supposed to go to our favorite sushi restaurant, but we couldn't get into the parking lot, so we went to DeCarlo's. He had wrapped my ring up like a regular present and I knew that bag was for me and he put his hand in it and I was about to be all "hey! that one's mine!" when I spied what he took out of the bag. He did the cute, one knee question.  

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither, but in a good way. There has been times that I've gotten flowers, and I love them but, Rob tends to get me something I want or need or something sentimental. after we had Rylan, he got me a necklace with an R on it. One time he got me a massage, one time a coupon for a pedicure. 

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Pop in a movie and get me relaxed on the couch and you will see my eyelids in less than 10 minutes! I don't lie! I'm more of a sunset dinner on the beach, but cozy and wearing something with give. 


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
The biggest thing is to move to Fayettville so we are closer to family, and the beloved Razorbacks. That's the logical want.

I love to travel with Rob, we have similar tastes in where we like to go. If its just us, we would love another all inclusive getaway, but someday, somehow, we want to do a pub tour of Ireland. I would have to train major for this. I still have New Year's Eve champagne in the fridge, still in the brown bag I bought it in. Lame.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Um, we have kids that are 3 and 1. I will make us something sassy for dinner, and we'll eat while listening to the lovely tune of "I wanna watch Super Why!!!!, Batman? Spiderman? Can I watch super Why in your bed?" all while dodging flying food from Max's side of the table. Then its bathtime, more dodging, this time water. Then many, many books kisses, hugs, "yes its night night time" and they go to bed.

But after they go to bed, Rob and I will hang out and eat something for dessert and decaf coffee and turn off phones, tv, and computers and actually talk. Bliss.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Yes, Rob and I didn't do gifts last year. We were financially in a place that needed frivolous gifts to be skipped. I hadn't worked in 6 months, we had just lost our dog and those vet bills were out of control (I swear they just make a new number up everytime I go), I was combating Death Fever and had many medical bills, and we were saving for a vacation. We did good, we lived frugally, paid our bills and now we can go back to getting each other something special.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Always remember the person that you married is in there somewhere when you feel upset. Know that they are a good person, and that they love you. 

When you have kids, talk about things other than the kids. Its hard to, but its needed. 

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

I love this pic. Just happy. When you have a fancy reception, there are so many people to see and dance with, you almost forget to get back to your betrothed, and here we found each other and had a dance. I love it. He's so much taller than me, a whole head and some change. I like it that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment