Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SAHM

So, I kinda quit my job. I am uber excited. Ever since I went back to work 9 months ago, a little part of Rob and I have wanted me to stay home. At the time, I was coming off of a 4 month leave and my job had created a part-time position especially for me. I just didn't feel like I could leave them at that time. We toyed with the idea several times since then, especially when we were in the midst of a bad illness. When the swine flu hit before October even began, the straw broke the camel's back. It was time to get Rylan out of daycare and stay home.

The truth is, I've been trying to act like a stay-at-home mom AND still work. I did the homemade baby food thing. I go to the story time and joined a little mommy group to go to the park and such. I like it and I miss doing it when I'm at work.

At the same time, I'm scared of being completely out of the working world. I am trying to work out a plan so that I can go in for 6 hours or so once a week. Just to keep my foot in the door, keep my seniority and remember how to be a nurse. Some mom's have a mother's day out, I'll just go to a hospital for mine.

So, as of November 12th I will be a SAHM. Stay at Home Mom. Trying to be as fun as Rylan's friends at the Tiny Town. Trying to make my house cleaner and my bills lower. Did you know people out there have whole websites just to teach you how to get the most bang for your buck at Walgreen's, Kroger, and Wal-Mart???? Seriously, the first time I read it, I felt like I needed an Accounting Degree from Harvard. Its almost as hard to understand as LOST. There are coupons and register rewards, BOGO, rebate slips, then all the sudden they have a stack of groceries for $30. HUH? I'll get it. Someday.

It might mean that we have to put all the vacations I come up with in my head on hold for awhile. We might be driving our 2000 and 2003 (paid off!!!) vehicles till they die. When Rylan and I go to eat with Rob during his lunch break, it will be more a shared $5 Footlong than a Cobb salad at YaYa's. But the payoff will be so worth it. For one, we are hoping, Rylan might stay a touch healthier this winter.

Here are some pics of my boys and I on a fabulous fall day last weekend. Rylan loves pumpkins. The look. The touch. The veggie of our lives.







No comments:

Post a Comment