Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mother's Day


May I just take a minute to apologize for the lack of posts lately. Rylan had a rough sickly patch in April and I simply took time off to rock him 24/7 and got out of the habit of posting. I feel so behind, but I guess in the blogger world, there really are no rules. I kinda like the blog because its a place to post things that aren't worth a whole scrapbook page. Like this:

This cat was on our fence and from inside my house, it looked like a bear! Thought I needed to share.
My husband is just the best guy in town. I think I've mentioned earlier that everything seems so much more important now that Rylan's in the world. Even though he can't remember what we do, I feel the need to make holidays and outtings more memorable (such as the GREEN cake I had to make on St. Patrick's Day or the extra walking I did at the mall so that we could be in the glass elevators so he could see out). Well, Rob took it upon himself to make Mother's Day awesome for the whole fam. A couple months ago I had mentioned I had wanted a picnic. I never thought it was possible for Mother's Day, because it had rained cats and dogs for almost 2 weeks. The night before Mother's Day I was presented with this present.
A basket of wine, cheese, chicken salad, croissants, fruit and flowers. OH and chocolate covered strawberries. YUMMERS! And instead of picnic-ing in the rain, Rob set us up a picnic on our beautiful, but underused porch. It was so wonderful. 
The spread

My precious boys

My sweet doll-baby (as his babysitter calls him)



I'm going to just take the room down for a moment, but I have to express the happiness I feel at times like these. I took being on bedrest very hard. I was not the happy go lucky girl I usually am. You don't think about the fact that you are helping your baby stay in the womb and grow a strong heart and lungs and brains, so that he doesn't spend his first few days in an NICU hooked up to machines. You think about the fact that you can't make your own cereal, or help with housework. What got me through tough bedrest days was thinking about the day that I could have picnics with my family, cook for my family, and take a walk with my family. Such a small thing as a picnic was a dream come true for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment