Friday, May 29, 2009

A squealin' Greek Anniversary

Am I making up for lost time or what? I feel like I have so much to talk about! 
Rylan went to his first Greek Food Festival. Unfortunantly for him, he had to have carrots and banana with a Similac chaser, no Greek food this year. Even though bedrest ended months ago, it still warms my heart to make it to events like this.
Falafel, Tabouleh (yuck!) and hummus
Notice the redneck bathrooms in the background
Next up for the Qualls was a trip to Fayettville. My mom and dad put together a family outing to see Fiddler on the Roof. This was a bittersweet time for my family because its been an event 20+ years in the making. You see, we moved from Kansas when I was six. Every Christmas we would go back to Kansas for a visit and listen to my dad's tape collection. Because we were kids, our favorite was the soundtrack to Fiddler on the Roof. What kid wouldn't love "If I were a rich man a doo doo doo do dodododo" or "matchmaker matchmaker make me a match." I have many a good memory cruising down the Kansas interstate with all five members of my family belting out "TRADITION!" And it was awesome. So glad my parents orchestrated this event. Rylan and Rob went over to Rob's sister Staci's house for some quality time with her family. It was a good time for all.
The Papa!
Zoe is totally not happy that Papa took "her baby" from her
Sometimes you leave your camera sitting around and you find this later.

My parents took Rylan for the weekend of Memorial Day and Rob and I had a sleepin' in, eating out, watching movie good time. It was a rainy weekend, so we decided against Riverfest and chose to stay indoors and work on our hobbies: scrapbooking for me, beer making for Rob. Both hobbies are labor intensive and seem daunting to get all the mess out and put away while caring for an infant. We had a LOVELY dinner out at Bonefish. I heart some Bang Bang Shrimp. Rylan had a great time getting cuddled and pampered at Grammy and Papa's house. From what I hear, he reminded them of the distgusting part of parenting (it involves diapers).
Rylan has taken to talking in a squeal voice. Its super cute except when you're in church. We got kicked to the cry room a couple weeks back. Before that he was a silent angel in church. I could listen to that little squeal all day every day.Here's a video taken during car ride.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment