Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer Vacation Part 1

It has been a month since this trip, but I feel it is the best place to start blogging again.

School got out on a Wednesday. On Friday, we set off for Salina, KS for the first leg of our family vacation. This was a 6 hour roadtrip, with a stop in Kansas City at Char Bar for lunch. (If you ever got to KC, GO TO CHAR BAR).

The reason we went to Salina, KS, was Webfest. My Mom's side of the family is the Webers.  7 years ago we started doing a family reunion called Webfest every few years.  I was born in KS, and we moved to Arkansas for my dad's job in 1986. So, we are the only family in Arkansas. So, it is nice to have these reunions where we get to see (almost) everybody at one time.  I have 20ish cousins on this side of the family. 3/4 of us have reproduced, so it is always nice to get the kids together so they can meet their 2nd cousins.
Don't worry, I worked my way to stealing that baby at least for a minute.

My uncles Tom and Gary

My mom and 6 out of 7 of her siblings


This is a little over half of the Weber side of my family. My mom has 7 siblings, six made it. There are 22 grandchildren on this side , 9 are pictured here. I believe 3 or 4 came later this evening. We have had a combined 90,000 children, give or take a few, so some are missing from the pic. Some had to work, others had, literally JUST had a baby in Houston, and for some reason weren't ready for travel. Whatevs. 


Friday night was spent eating BBQ, playing cards and Twister and swimming for the kids. Saturday some of the ladies shopped in downtown Salina and then we met up at a park for lunch and more playing. It was beautiful weather and it was so much fun getting to spend time with our family that we live so far away from.

Mid afternoon we had to leave the family to continue on our trip for the second leg of our journey......

No comments:

Post a Comment