Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

Bahahaha! December 11 I posted that I was back in the blogging game. And then I didn't blog for a month! Best laid plans. I kind of had a weird December where I ran constantly yet didn't get anything done. For serious.

One day, I'm going to be 99 and not remember what I did in life and I'll be thankful I kept this blog. So for that reason, I feel that its important to take this blog back to Thanksgiving. That's how I do. Sorry, not sorry.

We had Rob's parents here for Thanksgiving. My father in law loves coconut cream pie, so, obvs, I had to make that. Plus all the other must haves for Thanksgiving. I got all the necessary groceries, but didn't realize I was out of cornstarch, a must have for my Coconut Cream Pie. So, at 7am Thanksgiving morning, our neighbor got a knock on the door from us. Oopsie Whoopsie.

Ry helped me crush corn flakes

Max did some puzzles shirtless. 

And we had a fabulous dinner that I forgot to take a pic of. I made:
Turkey
Stuffing-I'm originally a Kansan, therefore I don't say "dressin"
Roasted broccoli
Buttered noodles with poppy seeds
Sweet Potato casserole
Coconut Cream Pie

and Mrs. Smith made the boys a Cherry Pie. She's so nice.

The day after Thanksgiving we went up to my parent's house for the weekend. My grandma Kathy got to come see us! I love her so great big and so do the kids. They were so excited to give her a birthday present that she barely got her coat off before she was instructed to open it!


The rest of the weekend was spent a lot like this. Drinking my dad's yummy Side Car concoctions and chatting on the porch watching the kiddos play. I had a great, relaxing weekend.

So did Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment