Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ry's first graduation

Holy cow. I started this blog when Rylan was 8 weeks old. He graduated from Pre-k last week. I am going to sound like a typical mom here but here goes

I don't know where the time went.

I mean, I do know. I facebooked and blogged and instagrammed about it out the whazoo. But there are seriously days, like yesterday when Rylan and I were in the pool, I had a flashback of my first summer with him in our pool. How I'd put him in his floaty and kick him around the pool singing B-I-N-G-O to him. It comes in waves, these flashbacks and its hard to remember he's 5 now. He swims himself around and doesn't really laugh when I sing. He kind of asks me to stop singing.

In the last year, Rylan has grown so much. He has started building actual structures with his Legoes, not just messing around with the "guys" switching their heads around. He has tested out of speech therapy. He has gone from a 28% to a 65% in Developmental therapy and is learning letters like a madman nowadays. He helps me in the kitchen and he pretty much puts himself to bed at night. No more naps for this kid, he goes 90 to nothing alllllllll day. He loves reading with us, loves to eat pretty much anything, and loves going places. Like anywhere.Just not staying home. 

 They were all decked out for a carnival
 Rylan's class
The whole school singing This Little Light Of Mine
When they called Rylan to come up, he brought me flowers and a package of kleenex. So cute. They showed a picture of him dressed as Spiderman and read an interview they'd done with him. He said his favorite food was chocolate, he wanted to be Spiderman when he grew up because he always saves the day and when he grows up he wants to live by Zoe, his cousin. I die at the cuteness. Although, one kid said he wanted to live in a bowling alley and be a professional bowler when he grows up and I want to be his best friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment